WORD Workouts FAQs
Q: Who is this program for?
Q: Is this program really free?
Q: Do I need training to teach this program?
Q: What if I’d like to schedule a professional development for my staff? Do you offer this?
Refer to our Implementation Ideas resource for classroom and community applications, as well as tips to get started.
Q: Do I have to start the program at the beginning of the school year?
Q: When and how often should I teach lessons?
Q: How do I know if I’m teaching the program correctly?
If you would like support, we are here for you!
- Please reach out to us using the chat icon in the lower right corner of your browser window, and a team member will connect with you. We want you to feel confident and excited to facilitate the program in your classroom, and are happy to help you get there.
- If you prefer, you can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may also find it helpful to consult the Teacher Resources.
Q: How can I integrate this curriculum into the other subjects I teach?
- Connecting the WORD from each workout to other subjects you teach will help reinforce the concepts for students. For example, reinforce EMPATHY by encouraging students to imagine how they would feel if they were walking in the shoes of a historical figure you are studying. Connect the PERSEVERANCE workout to practicing each of the steps of the scientific method.
- Choose a “word of the week” that connects to what you are teaching in your other subjects.
- Don’t forget to utilize the Academic Connection reflection prompts in each lesson plan to help you integrate social-emotional learning with academic disciplines.
Q: Should I do the workout with my students?
Q: What if one of my students is injured or doesn’t feel comfortable doing the physical workout?
Q: I have students with disabilities. Is it okay to exclude them from the physical portion of the program?
Q: Is the program tailored to students with special needs? Is the program suited for ELL students?
Q: I’m not a counselor. What should I do if a student brings up something in a reflection that I’m not sure how to handle?
Q: I’m having an issue with the website. Can you help me?