1. Stand in NaliniKIDS posture
2. Keep your arms by your sides and flip your palms up
3. Inhale and make a big circle with your arms, as you connect your palms above your head
4. Exhale as you turn your palms out and press your arms down, returning them by your sides
5. Pull your shoulders back and keep your head up, eyes focused forward
6. If you want, close your eyes as you continue the sequence, and remember to keep breathing!
– 5 reps (focus on breath)
NOTE: Arms up/down = one rep
You can customize the reflection prompts to meet the needs of your students and your time constraints. Create a unique workout experience every time you return to this lesson by choosing different prompts — each workout can reveal something new for students!
How does your body feel after completing the workout?
How does your mind feel after completing the workout?
What does Calm mean to you in this moment?
What makes you feel calm?
What do you picture when you feel calm?
Write a word or draw a picture that comes to mind when you think of the word Calm.
CALMNESS improves your immune system.
Did you know that relaxing can reduce your risk of getting a cold?