1. Stand in NaliniKIDS posture
2. Place your hands shoulder width apart on a chair with a firm grip
3. Raise your heels up and walk your feet back enough so that you are leaning into the chair
4. Make sure the weight of your body is in your hands, to avoid pushing the chair forward
5. Squeeze your glutes, tighten your abs, and keep your back flat
6. Tuck your hips under as you pull your abs in more
7. Pull your shoulders back and keep your head up, eyes focused forward (form a straight line with your body from the top of your head to your heels)
– 10 leg lifts (left leg only)
– 5 second hold (left leg up)
– 10 leg lifts (right leg only)
– 5 second hold (right leg up)
– 10 second hold (plank position)
If you have wrist discomfort or pain:
– Turn your palms out
– If the pain persists, use the floor and do the plank on your forearms without any variations (only do the hold sequence!)
How does your body feel after completing the workout?
How does your mind feel after completing the workout?
What does Confident mean to you in this moment?
Choose from the additional reflection prompts below to customize this lesson and meet the needs of your students and your time constraints. Create a unique workout experience every time you return to this lesson!
What makes you feel confident?
What do you picture when you feel confident?
Write a word or draw a picture that comes to mind when you think of the word Confident.
People with CONFIDENCE stand up taller.
Did you know that when we wake up in the morning, we’re one whole centimeter taller than when we go to sleep at night?