1. Stand in NaliniKIDS posture
2. Keep your feet hips width apart and parallel, hands on your hips
3. Lean forward with a flat back and bend both your knees
4. Step your right leg back about 3 feet
5. Lift your right leg up off the floor, straighten your leg, and flex your right foot
6. Strive to create a straight line with your body by tilting your upper body down toward the floor, and lifting your right leg up toward the ceiling
7. Extend your arms straight behind you
8. Try to get your arms in line with your hips and your feet (a straight line)
9. Hold and focus on your breath
10. Extend your arms straight in front of you
11. Repeat the entire sequence (left leg lifted)
– 10 second hold (hands on hips)
– 10 second hold (arms extended behind you)
– 10 second hold (arms extended in front of you)
– Repeat (left side)
If you have tight hamstrings or are having trouble balancing:
– Keep your elevated leg closer to the floor
– Put a chair or desk in front of you and hold on
You can customize the reflection prompts to meet the needs of your students and your time constraints. Create a unique workout experience every time you return to this lesson by choosing different prompts — each workout can reveal something new for students!
How does your body feel after completing the workout?
How does your mind feel after completing the workout?
What does Courage mean to you in this moment?
What makes you feel courage?
What do you picture when you feel courage?
Write a word or draw a picture that comes to mind when you think of the word Courage.
COURAGE requires a lot of heart.
Did you know that our heart produces enough energy every day to drive a truck 20 miles?