1. Stand in NaliniKIDS posture
2. Raise your right knee up toward your chest and then lower your leg back down
3. Repeat on your left side
4. Continue marching, and then add your arms to the movement
5. Reach your arms up toward the ceiling, then pull your elbows down toward your lifted knee, twisting your upper body slightly (don’t twist your lower body!)
6. Keep your lower body marching as your upper body switches from side to side (coordination is key in this exercise!)
– 10 second march (approx. 10 marches)
– 10 second march (add arms)
If you’re having trouble with coordination or maintaining proper posture:
– March in place without lifting your arms with your legs
How does your body feel after completing the workout?
How does your mind feel after completing the workout?
What does Empathy mean to you in this moment?
Choose from the additional reflection prompts below to customize this lesson and meet the needs of your students and your time constraints. Create a unique workout experience every time you return to this lesson!
What makes you feel empathy?
What do you picture when you feel empathy?
Write a word or draw a picture that comes to mind when you think of the word Empathy.
EMPATHY is a psychological term about connecting to other people’s feelings.
Did you know that sharing with others releases chemicals in your brain that can give you a positive feeling?