1. Stand in NaliniKIDS posture
2. Separate your feet wider than your hips and drop into a squat
3. Extend your arms between your legs toward the floor, and bring your palms together (make sure your shoulders are back and down)
4. Keep your hips low as you jump your feet and thighs together and bring your hands apart (now your arms are wider than your hips)
5. Keep your hips low as you jump back into the original starting position (legs apart, arms between your legs)
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5
– 10 reps
– Hold/realign posture
– 10 reps
– 5 second hold (legs together, hands apart)
NOTE: Legs together/apart = one rep
If you have knee discomfort or pain:
– Move up and down in a low squat (skip the jumping)
You can customize the reflection prompts to meet the needs of your students and your time constraints. Create a unique workout experience every time you return to this lesson by choosing different prompts — each workout can reveal something new for students!
How does your body feel after completing the workout?
How does your mind feel after completing the workout?
What does Happy mean to you in this moment?
What makes you feel happy?
What do you picture when you feel happy?
Write a word or draw a picture that comes to mind when you think of the word Happy.
HAPPINESS is a strong emotion that fights off stress.
Did you know that smiling uses 53 muscles in your body?