1. Start in seated NaliniKIDS posture
2. Keep your feet hips width apart and sit up tall (shoulders back, chest up)
3. Rest your hands on your thighs
4. Close your eyes
5. Reflect on the presence of the room and/or your state of mind in gearing up for or completing a workout
6. Focus on your breath, stillness, and reflection
NOTE: Teachers are free to engage in a few minutes of silent or guided relaxation
A few questions for students to answer silently in their heads could be:
– Reflecting on the work you did or are about to do today, do you feel accomplished/ready?
– Do you feel aware of your body?
– Can you hear your breath? The sounds of other students breathing in the room?
– What sounds do you hear?
– Do you feel confident in your alignment?
– Can you quiet your mind chatter and be present?
You can customize the reflection prompts to meet the needs of your students and your time constraints. Create a unique workout experience every time you return to this lesson by choosing different prompts — each workout can reveal something new for students!