1. Stand in NaliniKIDS posture against a wall
2. Walk your feet forward a foot or two as you lower your body down against the wall (like you’re sitting into a chair)
3. Track your knees in line with your ankles (if you need to adjust your feet)
4. Make sure your thighs are parallel to the floor
5. Push your feet into the floor and your back into the wall
6. Keep your thighs and feet together, and cross your arms over your chest
7. Pull your abs in and squeeze your thighs as you hold this position (don’t forget to breathe!)
– 1 minute hold
If there are no walls available:
– Lower down into a chair pose and maintain proper posture (see ANGRY exercise)
How does your body feel after completing the workout?
How does your mind feel after completing the workout?
What does Perseverance mean to you in this moment?
Choose from the additional reflection prompts below to customize this lesson and meet the needs of your students and your time constraints. Create a unique workout experience every time you return to this lesson!
What makes you feel perseverance?
What do you picture when you feel perseverance?
Write a word or draw a picture that comes to mind when you think of the word Perseverance.