1. Stand in NaliniKIDS posture
2. Close your eyes
3. Inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth, allowing your chest to rise on the inhale and sink on the exhale
4. Reflect on the presence of the room and/or your state of mind in gearing up for or completing a workout
5. Focus on your breath, stillness, and reflection
NOTE: Teachers are free to engage in a few minutes of silent or guided relaxation
A few questions for students to answer silently in their heads could be:
– Reflecting on the work you did or are about to do today, do you feel accomplished/ready?
– Do you feel aware of your body?
– Can you hear your breath? The sounds of other students breathing in the room?
– What sounds do you hear?
– Do you feel confident in your alignment?
– Can you quiet your mind chatter and be present?
Choose from the additional reflection prompts below to customize this lesson and meet the needs of your students and your time constraints. Create a unique workout experience every time you return to this lesson!