Feeling fear and concern because you think that something bad has happened or could happen
- This workout takes approximately 10 Minutes
- This workout is for students in Grades PK-1
- Teacher Resources
1. Stand in NaliniKIDS posture
2. Bring your feet and thighs together
3. Turn your right foot out, raise your heel, and rest your foot against your left ankle
4. Guide your right foot up toward your inner thigh, using your hand for support
5. Find a comfortable yet challenging place to rest your foot on your thigh
6. Press your foot into your thigh and your thigh into your foot to maintain your balance
7. Stand tall and don’t look down
8. Reach your hands straight up toward the ceiling, palms in
9. Hold and focus on your breath
10. Repeat (left side)
– 20 second hold (right side)
– 20 second hold (left side)
Depending on your range of motion and/or flexibility:
– Choose one of three levels of difficulty, resting your foot either: low (ankle), medium (calf), or high (inner thigh) on your opposite leg
How does your body feel after completing the workout?
How does your mind feel after completing the workout?
What does Worry mean to you in this moment?
Choose from the additional reflection prompts below to customize this lesson and meet the needs of your students and your time constraints. Create a unique workout experience every time you return to this lesson!
What makes you feel worry?
What do you picture when you feel worry?
Write a word or draw a picture that comes to mind when you think of the word Worry.
When you WORRY, it’s good to rest.
Did you know that our brain works like a filing cabinet, and when you go to sleep at night, it organizes short- and long-term memories?