1. Stand in NaliniKIDS posture
2. Step your feet out into a wide second position (feet much wider than your hips)
3. Turn your feet out to a 45-degree angle
4. Bend your knees as you drop your hips down into a deep plié, aligning your knees with your ankles
5. Keep your chest lifted and your shoulders back and down, as if your back were against a wall
6. Bring your arms out to the sides, making a T-shape
7. Lower your hips down and up (keep your knees in line with your toes!)
– 10 single count (legs only)
– 10 single count (arms only)
– 10 single count (arms and legs together)
– 10 second hold (heels up)
If you have knee discomfort or pain:
– Take a narrower stance and/or turn your feet in (less than a 45-degree angle)
– Decrease the bend in your knees and be sure to double check your form (knees in line with the toes)
You can customize the reflection prompts to meet the needs of your students and your time constraints. Create a unique workout experience every time you return to this lesson by choosing different prompts — each workout can reveal something new for students!
How does your body feel after completing the workout?
How does your mind feel after completing the workout?
What does Build mean to you in this moment?
Building a relationship takes time and effort. Have you ever put in effort to build a friendship or relationship with someone? What did that effort look like?
Think critically about the word BUILD. What are some different ways that others might interpret this word?
What type of future do you hope to build for yourself? What steps have you already taken toward this? What future steps can you plan to take toward this?
Describe a family tradition that you hope to build with a future family.
Build a resume that showcases your academic, work, and personal experiences and achievements.
Design a memorial that you would like to see built in your community someday.
Build a paragraph using only positive statements about yourself.
Create support for a political cause you are interested in by building a slogan or hashtag that could be easily shared on social media.
Build a math equation that requires multiple steps to solve for X.
About 12,000 nails are used to build the average size home.