1. Stand in NaliniKIDS posture
2. Stretch your right arm straight across your chest, reaching to the left
3. Hug your right arm in by placing your left arm perpendicular at your right wrist
4. Keep your right arm straight
5. Puff your chest out and forward (think of a penguin or puffin bird here)
6. Relax your shoulders, keeping them back and down, away from your ears
7. Twist your chest toward your right shoulder blade (imagine a rubber band in your right arm) as you continue to pull your right arm in
8. Hold and focus on your breath
9. Repeat (left side)
You can customize the reflection prompts to meet the needs of your students and your time constraints. Create a unique workout experience every time you return to this lesson by choosing different prompts — each workout can reveal something new for students!
How does your body feel after completing the workout?
How does your mind feel after completing the workout?
What does Proud mean to you in this moment?
Describe something small you did this week that you feel proud of.
Think critically about the word PROUD. What are some different ways that others might interpret this word?
How might pride motivate your future decisions?
In your family, whom can you celebrate with when you're feeling proud of something you've accomplished? Why did you choose this person?
Describe a moment that you felt proud of an academic accomplishment.
Whom do you feel proud of in your community? Write a letter to let them know how they have impacted you.
Create a slide presentation about a characteristic or interest of yours that you feel proud of.
Do you express pride toward any countries? States? Cities? Sports teams? What do you think this pride represents?
What is an innovation in STEM that makes people in your country proud? Do you personally feel proud of this?
An Olympic medal is a badge of pride for athletes who work hard to reach their goals. The most decorated Olympian of all time is US swimmer Michael Phelps, with 28 Olympic medals. The most decorated female Olympian is Soviet gymnast Larisa Latynina with 18 Olympic medals. She held the title of most decorated Olympian for 40 years before Phelps took her place.