1. Stand in NaliniKIDS posture next to a chair or desk
2. Place your heels together and your toes apart, making a small v-position with your feet
3. Bend your knees and raise your heels an inch off the floor, keeping your heels together (use the chair or desk to help with balance)
4. Lean your upper body back to maintain your NaliniKIDS posture, dropping your tailbone and keeping your shoulders back and down (as if you were leaning against an imaginary wall)
5. Pull your abs in, lift your chest, and keep your head up
6. Lower your hips down and up (don’t drop your heels!)
– 10 double count
– 10 single count
– 10 pulses
– 5 second hold (arms extend to ceiling)
If you have knee or ankle discomfort or pain:
– Keep your heels on the ground
You can customize the reflection prompts to meet the needs of your students and your time constraints. Create a unique workout experience every time you return to this lesson by choosing different prompts — each workout can reveal something new for students!
How does your body feel after completing the workout?
How does your mind feel after completing the workout?
What does Commit mean to you in this moment?
Have you ever felt committed to something? How did you show your commitment?
Describe something you like to do every single day.
Identify a goal you would like to commit to in your future.
Who shows commitment in your family, and how do they show it?
Describe a time when you showed commitment to an assignment in school.
Name are some communities that you are committed to.
Write a letter to your future self (ten years from now). Include: one sentence describing what you are committed to today, one prediction about your life in ten years, and one question for your future self.
How do people demonstrate commitment to their country?
Write a hypothesis about what you think other kids your age are most committed to.
Geese show commitment to their flock. If a goose is sick or injured, his or her partner will often refuse to leave, even if winter is approaching and the others in the group are flying south.