1. Stand in NaliniKIDS posture
2. Keep your feet hips width apart and parallel, hands on your hips
3. Lean forward with a flat back and bend both your knees
4. Step your right leg back about 3 feet
5. Lift your right leg up off the floor, straighten your leg, and flex your right foot
6. Strive to create a straight line with your body by tilting your upper body down toward the floor, and lifting your right leg up toward the ceiling
7. Extend your arms straight behind you
8. Try to get your arms in line with your hips and your feet (a straight line)
9. Hold and focus on your breath
10. Extend your arms straight in front of you
11. Repeat the entire sequence (left leg lifted)
– 10 second hold (hands on hips)
– 10 second hold (arms extended behind you)
– 10 second hold (arms extended in front of you)
– Repeat (left side)
If you have tight hamstrings or are having trouble balancing:
– Keep your elevated leg closer to the floor
– Put a chair or desk in front of you and hold on
How does your body feel after completing the workout?
How does your mind feel after completing the workout?
What does Courage mean to you in this moment?
Choose from the additional reflection prompts below to customize this lesson and meet the needs of your students and your time constraints. Create a unique workout experience every time you return to this lesson!
Describe a time when you were afraid to do something but you did it anyway.
Describe one way that you are courageous.
Is there something you would like to try but haven't yet found the courage to take the risk?
Who shows courage in your family, and how do they show it?
How do you show courage in your learning environment?
Describe a courageous occupation in your community.
Design a comic book character who has a lot of courage.
Name a historical figure that you feel is courageous, and explain why.
Why is courage a helpful characteristic for an inventor?
Courage isn’t the only thing you’d need to hang by your toes. Geckos have millions of tiny hairs that stick to surfaces to help them climb walls and hang on by just one toe.