1. Start in seated NaliniKIDS posture, facing sideways at the edge of a chair
2. Place your hands underneath your shoulders at either end of the seat of the chair
3. Turn your palms out and hold the edges of the chair with your fingertips
4. Lean back; using your abs, lift your legs up from the floor
5. Balance on your glutes, keeping your thighs and feet together and your abs activated
6. Keep your abs pulled in tightly, shoulders back and down
7. Lean back more and pull your legs out further to increase the challenge as you hold
– 30 second hold
– 30 second hold
If you have back discomfort or pain:
– Sit straight up in your chair (instead
of leaning back) and lift only your legs off the floor
You can customize the reflection prompts to meet the needs of your students and your time constraints. Create a unique workout experience every time you return to this lesson by choosing different prompts — each workout can reveal something new for students!
How does your body feel after completing the workout?
How does your mind feel after completing the workout?
What does Dedication mean to you in this moment?
Reflect on something you used to dedicate time to but don't anymore. Why did your dedication change?
Describe an activity in your life that you are dedicated to doing each week.
Think about an activity you might like to dedicate your time to in the future. How could you make time for this activity?
Who shows a lot of dedication in your family, and how do they show it?
Name one goal that you are dedicated to this school year. How will you remain dedicated to your goal?
Are you dedicated to any activities or organizations in your community? How do you show your dedication?
Create a word cloud in the shape of an object that represents an activity you are dedicated to (i.e. a soccer ball if you are dedicated to soccer). Inside the word cloud, write as many words as you can think of that you associate with that activity.
Describe a monument or statue in your community that is dedicated to someone or something.
Set one short-term math goal to accomplish this week and one long-term math goal to accomplish this year.
Owls show dedication to their partner owl by bringing them special presents — usually food.