1. Stand in NaliniKIDS posture
2. Keep your feet hips width apart and parallel
3. Bend your knees and drop your hips down (don’t allow the knees to go over the ankles)
4. Raise your heels off the floor and cross your arms over your chest
5. Jog in place really fast, springing your toes off the floor one foot at a time
6. Keep your hips low and continue to pick up your speed
– 30 seconds of jogging in place
If you have knee discomfort or pain:
– March in place, swinging your arms
How does your body feel after completing the workout?
How does your mind feel after completing the workout?
What does Imagine mean to you in this moment?
Choose from the additional reflection prompts below to customize this lesson and meet the needs of your students and your time constraints. Create a unique workout experience every time you return to this lesson!
How do you use your imagination differently now as opposed to when you were younger?
What do you need to feel comfortable to use your imagination?
Describe one way that you have seen adults use their imagination.
Who in your family likes to use their imagination to create new things?
When do you use your imagination during the school day?
In your community, where can you go to use your imagination?
Close your eyes and imagine a character from a book you recently read. What does this character look like in your mind? What would they be doing right now?
Share a story that has been passed down through your culture or family.
Do you think scientists use their imaginations? Why or why not?
72% of people use their imagination in the shower.