1. Stand in NaliniKIDS posture
2. Keep your feet hips width apart and parallel
3. Fold your upper body over at your hips, reaching toward the floor with your arms, keeping your head down
4. Shift your weight forward into the balls of your feet
5. Push your hips up toward the ceiling as you reach your arms down to the floor (imagine a rubber band in each of your hamstrings)
6. Grab ahold of your opposite elbows and let your head hang free (let go of any neck tension!)
7. Hold and focus on your breath, stretching a little deeper each time you exhale
You can customize the reflection prompts to meet the needs of your students and your time constraints. Create a unique workout experience every time you return to this lesson by choosing different prompts — each workout can reveal something new for students!
How does your body feel after completing the workout?
How does your mind feel after completing the workout?
What does Release mean to you in this moment?
Have you ever held on to a secret or surprise? How did it feel once you released it?
To whom can you release your true feelings in your life?
Share a productive way that you could release a strong feeling you are having.
Describe a family tradition that members of your family used to hold on to but no longer do. Why did they release this tradition?
How can you release strong emotions when you're in your learning environment?
Release a positive message into your community by posting a positive review online for a local business.
Draw a butterfly covered in spots. Within each spot, write a word to represent an emotion or sentiment that you would like to release to the world.
How can the government use social media to release important information to the public? What are the pros and cons of receiving information this way?
Describe a recent development in science that was released to the public. What was the response?
We may not be aware of everything our bodies release. A person loses about 50 to 100 hairs each day!