1. Stand in NaliniKIDS posture
2. Rest your hands behind you on a desk or chair
3. Place your heels together and toes apart, making a small v-position with your feet
4. Bend your knees slightly
5. Step your right foot out in front of you
6. Keeping your leg straight, flex your right foot, pointing your toes up to the ceiling
7. Engage your abs and lift your chest up
8. Lift your right leg up and down, trying to get your right knee across from your right hip
9. Complete the sequence and then repeat (left leg)
– 10 single count
– 10 pulses
– 5 second hold
– Repeat (left side)
If you have tight hip flexors:
– Turn your leg out and/or don’t lift your leg as high
How does your body feel after completing the workout?
How does your mind feel after completing the workout?
What does Respect mean to you in this moment?
Choose from the additional reflection prompts below to customize this lesson and meet the needs of your students and your time constraints. Create a unique workout experience every time you return to this lesson!
Describe a person whom you have respected for a long time.
Share an example of an act of respect.
Describe one way you can show respect to your body.
How do you show respect in your family?
Describe one way that you can show respect in your learning environment.
Describe a place in your community that has rules people are required to follow to show respect.
Write a letter to a person you respect, telling them how they have inspired you.
Describe some common signs of respect in your culture.
What emoji could you use to show respect in a text?
Even dolphins show respect for their friends by addressing them by their names, which sound like clicks, whistles, and whines.