1. Stand in NaliniKIDS posture
2. Separate your feet wider than your hips and drop into a squat
3. Extend your arms between your legs toward the floor, and bring your palms together (make sure your shoulders are back and down)
4. Keep your hips low as you jump your feet and thighs together and bring your hands apart (now your arms are wider than your hips)
5. Keep your hips low as you jump back into the original starting position (legs apart, arms between your legs)
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5
– 10 reps
– Hold/realign posture
– 10 reps
– 5 second hold (legs together, hands apart)
NOTE: Legs together/apart = one rep
If you have knee discomfort or pain:
– Move up and down in a low squat (skip the jumping)
How does your body feel after completing the workout?
How does your mind feel after completing the workout?
What does Happy mean to you in this moment?
Choose from the additional reflection prompts below to customize this lesson and meet the needs of your students and your time constraints. Create a unique workout experience every time you return to this lesson!
What are some things that have made you feel happy in the past?
Every day is unique. Reflect on something positive that happened today that makes today different from every other day.
Reflect on the environment where you feel the happiest. How can you plan to spend more time there in the future?
Who in your family spreads happiness, and how?
How can you spread happiness to the people within your learning environment?
Belonging to a group or community can increase a person’s happiness. Reflect on a group you belong to and how this group has increased your happiness.
Reflect on a story, book, or poem that makes you feel happy. Why does it make you feel that way?
Look up which country in the world has the happiest population this year. What are some things that make a country happy?
What effect can your physical environment have on your happiness?
The weather can affect how we feel. Yuma, Arizona gets over 4,000 hours of sunshine per year, making it the sunniest (and happiest?) place on Earth.