1. Stand in NaliniKIDS posture
2. Rest your hands behind you on a desk or chair
3. Place your heels together and toes apart, making a small v-position with your feet
4. Bend your knees slightly
5. Step your right foot out in front of you
6. Keeping your leg straight, flex your right foot, pointing your toes up to the ceiling
7. Engage your abs and lift your chest up
8. Lift your right leg up and down, trying to get your right knee across from your right hip
9. Complete the sequence and then repeat (left leg)
– 10 single count
– 10 pulses
– 5 second hold
– Repeat (left side)
If you have tight hip flexors:
– Turn your leg out and/or don’t lift your leg as high
How does your body feel after completing the workout?
How does your mind feel after completing the workout?
What does Respect mean to you in this moment?
Choose from the additional reflection prompts below to customize this lesson and meet the needs of your students and your time constraints. Create a unique workout experience every time you return to this lesson!
Describe a person whom you have respected for a long time.
How do you demonstrate respect toward your body?
How can you teach others to respect you?
What practices and traditions does your family have for showing respect to one another?
In what ways can your teacher(s) show you respect?
How does your community show respect toward you? How do you show respect toward your community?
Write a letter to a person you respect, telling them how they have inspired you.
Describe some signs of respect that differ from culture to culture.
How do people show respect when communicating digitally?
A penguin received a great deal of respect by being knighted in Norway. His name is Nils Olav, and he lives in the Edinburgh Zoo in Scotland.